Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Beauty Within

*This is an old 2006 post, that I never posted
Ok, yes, I watch The Flavor of Love. I can't help it, it's hilarious. I suppose that you may think that I am going to say something like Flavor needs love too and don't judge him cuz he looks like crack reincarnated.... Well, that's not it..... We all know, whether you watch the show or not, they just want his money. But I divert... One of the ladies was mad and said that she didn't want to loose him especially not to a "big girl."

That is the topic for tonight. I am sick and tired of people judging people on their outward appearance. Now I know we all do it, including myself, but that is not soley what we should be looking at. I do not believe that there is such a thing as an ugly person, just an ugly personality.

Women are Beautiful!!!
All Women are Beautiful!!!
And until we proclaim that, we will continue to be subjected to the medias idea of beauty. Stick thin women. Now, I by no means am attacking skinny women at all, hey, I'm skinny myself. What I hate is that they show all these size zero women and proclaim that to be the norm and it is not. Did you know that the average women is a size 14.
Size should not matter, just health.
Size should be about health and not vanity. If you feel your too big, loose weight to be healthy, not to get a man. Do you really want a man who wont give you a second look for whatever reason, but when you loose weight, show skin or whatever, now he wants to be your bestfriend? Come on now. Wouldn't it be more fulfilling to have someone like you for the person you are and the person that you look like. If someone loves you for what's inside, than you will be the most beautiful person that they have ever laid eyes on. Wouldn't you want them to fall in love with you and not what you look like on the outside, because when the make-up is off and in 10 years, if it wasn't built on the inner person, then they will find the next pretty young thing.

I am tired of the way the media portrays women. Women are suppose to be unique and beautiful individuals, but yet all the ads show women as being tall skinny. Where is the shape, the attitude, hips, thighs, curves whatever??? As a result, some of our poor youth becomes misdirected and thinks that they have to look like the picture on the magazine, I mean the airbrushed picture sorry. These poor girls suffer from low self-esteem and eating disorders as a result. It just hurts my heart that they don't see the real beauty within. I have had a few teenage girls tell me, your so pretty, and skinny or whatever and may say that their jealous or whatever. I always respond with your so beautiful too just the way you are, but they have already been programmed to think that they are not. It's so sad. All women are beautiful, and we as women should start telling each other that we are beautiful just the way God created us.

Looks are just superficial, and as a friend said, some people just "hit" the genetic lottery. I say, you may not have control over you looks, but you definitely have control over your personality.

No comments: